Re: PATCH: psql tab completion for SELECT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PATCH: psql tab completion for SELECT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Edmund Horner <ejrh00@gmail.com> writes:
> On Fri, 8 Oct 2021 at 20:01, David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
>> What precisely is this supposed to do?

> The main patch 0001 was to add completion for "SELECT <tab>" using
> attributes, functions, and a couple of hard-coded options.

This sort of thing has been proposed a few times, but never made it to
commit, because there's basically no way to limit the completions to a
usefully small set of possibilities.  SQL wasn't designed to make this
easy :-(

> Regarding testing, I can't see any automated tests for tab completion.

src/bin/psql/t/010_tab_completion.pl