Re: Using base backup exclusion filters to reduce data transferredwith pg_rewind - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Anastasia Lubennikova
Subject Re: Using base backup exclusion filters to reduce data transferredwith pg_rewind
Date
List pgsql-hackers
05.02.2018 10:10, Michael Paquier:
> So the patch set attached is made of the following:
> - 0001, which refactors all hardcoded system paths into pg_paths.h.
> This modifies only initdb.c and basebackup.c to ease reviews.
> - 0002 spreads the path changes and the use of pg_paths.h across the
> core code.
> - 0003 moves the last set of definitions with backup_label,
> tablespace_map and pg_internal.init.
> - 0004 creates basebackup_paths.h, this can be consumed by pg_rewind.
> - 0005 makes the changes for pg_rewind.
Thank you for this set of patches.
This refactoring makes code way more convenient to read and change.

Due to some merge conflicts, patch 0002 was not applying clearly.
So I attach the updated version.
I also noticed a couple of rows that were not updated, and wrote a patch
0006,
which contains just minor changes and can be applied on top of any patch
after 0003.

Since these patches contain mostly cosmetic changes and do not break
anything,
I think it's fine to mark this thread as Ready For Committer without
long discussion.

--
Anastasia Lubennikova
The Russian Postgres Company