Re: optimum settings for dedicated box - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ian Harding
Subject Re: optimum settings for dedicated box
Date
List pgsql-general
Mine in similar, and the only thing I have changed from defaults is
work_mem.  It made certain complex queries go from taking forever to
taking seconds.  I have a database connection pool limited to 10
connections, so I set it to 10MB.  That means (to me, anyway) that
work_mem will never gobble more then 100MB.  Seems OK since I have
1GB.

Free space map should probably be tweaked too, if you have lots of
updates or deletes.  I think.

- Ian