Re: pgxs default installation + various fixes - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgxs default installation + various fixes
Date
List pgsql-patches
> What was the argument for having an "install-all-headers" target in the
> first place?

By my count it adds about 2 megabytes to the installed footprint, which
perhaps is not so much now as it was at the time.

A larger problem from my point of view is that the installation process
seems quite inefficient.  "make install-all-headers" takes a full minute
on my devel machine, which is above my threshold of pain for something
that I often do more than once a day.

            regards, tom lane