Re: [HACKERS] union problem version 6.5.3 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] union problem version 6.5.3
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>>> Hmm, the grammar has
>>>
>>> CreateAsStmt:  CREATE OptTemp TABLE relation_name OptCreateAs AS SubSelect
>>>
>>> and SubSelect doesn't allow unions.  This is overly restrictive,

As far as I can tell, it should work to just change the above line in
src/backend/parser/gram.y to

CreateAsStmt:  CREATE OptTemp TABLE relation_name OptCreateAs AS SelectStmt

I am doing this in current sources right now.  I have not tried it in
REL6_5, but if the problem is getting in your way then give it a try...