Re: pg_dump problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Leonardo Rame
Subject Re: pg_dump problem
Date
List pgsql-general
----- Mensaje original -----
Fecha: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 17:30:15 -0400
De: "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
Para: "Leonardo M. Ramé" <l.rame@griensu.com>
Asunto: Re: [GENERAL] pg_dump problem
Copia: "PostgreSql-general" <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Leonardo M. Ramé <l.rame@griensu.com> writes: > I'm trying to migrate a PostgreSql 8.3 database from a Windows 2003 > server to a PostgreSql 8.4 Linux x86_64 server running Ubuntu Server > 12.04.  > When running pg_dump from the Linux server, I get:  > postgres@ubuntupostgresql:~$ pg_dump -h 192.168.10.105 -U postgres ris > pg_dump: SQL command failed > pg_dump: Error message from server: ERROR:  unrecognized configuration parameter "synchronize_seqscans" > pg_dump: The command was: SET synchronize_seqscans TO off  An 8.3 server certainly ought to accept that command.  > I've read in older mails that this massage shows when one side is > running EnterpriseDB version of PostgreSql and the other is running a > PostgreSql version. I must point out this is not my case, both sides are > running PostgreSql versions, the Linux side is running the one from the > official repository, and the Windows one is running an old 8.3 version > downloaded from postgresql.org.  What "old 8.3 version" is that?  A pre-release snapshot perhaps?  After looking through the commit history, it appears that this setting was exposed post-beta, which means your results would fit with running an 8.3 beta or RC release.  Leaving aside the wisdom of still being on a beta release four years later, my advice would be to dump with the pg_dump that came with the beta release.  			regards, tom lane
Thanks!, that was exactly the problem. The old server is running 8.3-rc 1, so, I'll back it up using pg_dump from the old server, then restore from the new one.

Leonardo.