Re: Arrow keys do not work while using psql - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Michael Glaesemann
Subject Re: Arrow keys do not work while using psql
Date
List pgsql-novice
[Please start new threads with a new message. It appears you replied
to a previous post and just changed the subject. This causes message
threading issues in threaded mail clients and the mailing list
archives.]

On Aug 7, 2007, at 8:25 , Angelica Garcia wrote:

> I have a small problem: While using psql the arrow keys neither
> give command history nor move the cursor. They instead show
> characters like: ^[[A.

It sounds like Postgres was built without readline (or libedit)
support. You can use pg_config --libs to see if it was included. If
not, I believe you need to rebuild Postgres including readline.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net