Re: pg_dump/pg_Restore 8.1.5 db -> 8.2 tsearch2 problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gregory S. Williamson
Subject Re: pg_dump/pg_Restore 8.1.5 db -> 8.2 tsearch2 problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Henrik --

I have only dabbled in tsearch2 so I can'toffer direct advise, but this looks like the problem when upgrading the
postGISstuff ... tsearch2 might have an upgrade functionality (postGIS does), but you can also do a more lbaorious
methodthat strips out the unwanted tsearch2 definitions from the old version; leave the newly compiled tsearch2 in
place.

a) dump the DDL for your database
b) dump the data as its own file
c) edit the ddl sql file and break it up into three parts:
    1) All definitions *except* tsearch2 related ones; postGIS stuff is always clumped together and easy to identify;
don'tknow about tsearch2 though.
    2) the tsearch2 related stuff
    3) the indexes, constraints and other stuff best applied after data is loaded
d) run the ddl with just the table, type, etc definitions
c) load the data
e) run the ddl sql that definex indexes etc.
f) run vacuum analyze, tweak config settings and start testing!

HTH a little,

Greg Williamson
DBA
GlobeXplorer LLC