Re: Logging in Stored Procedure - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Gregory S. Williamson
Subject Re: Logging in Stored Procedure
Date
List pgsql-sql
Well, perhaps the NOTICE functionality, e.g.

RAISE NOTICE ''report id of % for date %'', rpt_rec.report_id, rpt_rec.report_s_date;

This will show on the terminal if running from a console, and also writes to the log, IIRC. See the documentation for
yourversion for details.

HTH,

Greg Williamson
DBA
GlobeXplorer LLC

-----Original Message-----
From:    pgsql-sql-owner@postgresql.org on behalf of Aaron Bono
Sent:    Wed 7/12/2006 4:28 PM
To:    Postgres SQL language list
Subject:    [SQL] Logging in Stored Procedure

OK, maybe a stupid simple question but, how do you add logging to a stored
procedure?  My procedure is running but the results I get are not complete
and I need to see better what is going wrong.  The tool I use has a debugger
but the debugger is barfing at a particular line that, when run without the
debugger, works with no errors so I know there is something wrong with the
debugger.

Thanks,
Aaron

--