Re: Sorry too many conecctions - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Gregory S. Williamson
Subject Re: Sorry too many conecctions
Date
List pgsql-sql
In the root directory in which postgres stores the data is a file:

postgresql.conf

Edit the file with a text editor (vi / ed / etc.) and change :

max_connections = ###
max_connections = 1000(or more since other applications or a DBA may need to connect as well)

and also change

shared_buffers = ###to be at least (max_connections * 2), so change this to at least 2000 for 1000 simulataneous
connections.More connections use more shared memory so you want to have some limits to the total number.

Save the file changes.

Stop and restart the postgres instance (reload doesn't work for these settings).

Hope this helps,

Greg Williamson
DBA
GlobeXplorer LLC