Re: COPY command - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Gregory S. Williamson
Subject Re: COPY command
Date
List pgsql-sql
This sounds as if the last character in each line might be a delimiter (a ",") which is standard for data unloaded from
somesources; if this is the case try removing it and your data should load. Or you may have a comma in a character
fieldand that is throwing off the count for the line in question ?

HTH,

Greg Williamson
DBA
GlobeXplorer LLC

-----Original Message-----
From:    azwa@nc.com.my [mailto:azwa@nc.com.my]
Sent:    Tue 1/6/2004 10:19 PM
To:    pgsql-sql@postgresql.org
Subject:    [SQL] COPY command

Hi,

 i try to load a file into temporary table but it gives me an error . do
u have any idea/solutions ??  the command that i've running as below :

   dwnc=# copy biosadm.custdo_temp
dwnc-# from '/home/bios/customer_data/CustomerDO_new.CSV'
dwnc-# WITH DELIMITER ',' ;

ERROR:  copy: line 141, Extra data after last expected column

FYI, my file was in comma delimiter type (csv) . My table structure as
following :
   dwnc-# \dbiosadm.custdo_temp        Table "biosadm.custdo_temp" Column  |         Type          | Modifiers
----------+-----------------------+-----------dono     | character varying(13) |dodate   | date
|custname| character varying(70) |custlo   | character varying(40) |attnto   | character varying(80) |

Please guide me . thanks