dbmirror -- recovery question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gregory S. Williamson
Subject dbmirror -- recovery question
Date
List pgsql-general
Dear peoples,

  I'm setting up a database in postgres which will have light traffic writing to a few tables (and somewhat heavier
trafficreading them). We'd like to mirror that databse using dbmirror to two others.

  Let's assume that we're humming along and the master goes down. We switch traffic to read from one of  the two
slaves.

  What happens if we feel a need to add information while the master is down ?  Reconfigure that former slave to be a
masterand then manually reconcile the former master when it is available, perhaps ?

  I didn't see anything in the documentation or in the postgres site about this (and I looked through the archives for
referencesto dbmirror), so I apologize if I am issuing a faq.

  Thanks,

  Greg Williamson
  DBA
  GlobeXplorer LLC