Re: Facing issues with pgsql upgrade. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Facing issues with pgsql upgrade.
Date
List pgsql-general
On 4/17/22 22:54, Ajay Kajla wrote:
> Hi Adrian,
>
> Command \l gives the list of db available DBs in the cluster including
> template0 and template1, I can connect to other DBs and run queries as
> well.
>
> My motive is just to upgrade pgsql from 9.6 to 13 using the pg_upgrade
> command.

Do you have file level backup of the Postgres data directory from before
the deletion of template0 and template1 directories?

Why is important that you use pg_upgrade instead of using pg_dumpall as
David Johnston suggested?

In any case I would suggest doing a pg_dumpall against the 9.6 instance
just to have a backup.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com