Re: dbase restore - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: dbase restore
Date
List pgsql-general
Bradley Brown <bradley@segrestfarms.com> writes:
>     When I try to restore th dbase I get the following on screen:

>     "...NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE/PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index
> 'countries_pkey' for table 'countries' pqReadData() -- backend closed
> the channel unexpectedly.
>         This probably means the backend terminated abnormally
>         before or while processing the request.
> connection to server was lost".

Hmm, could you provide a debugger backtrace from the core file that
(hopefully) was left by the crashing backend?

Also, you might try running the dump script with debug_print_query
turned on, so that the log will show exactly what query triggers
the crash.

Or, you could just update to PG 7.2 and see if the problem goes away ;-)
7.0 is quite a ways back (especially if it's really 7.0 and not
7.0.something).

            regards, tom lane