Re: Documentation building broken in CFBot - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Documentation building broken in CFBot
Date
List pgsql-www
> On 2020-11-26 18:24, Tom Lane wrote:
>> This came up again today on another thread [1], so I took a second look
>> and confirmed that configure's test is completely dead code.  So here is
>> a patch to remove it outright, mooting the question of whether it ought
>> to use --no-net.

> Yes, this seems fine.  docbook.m4 used to do more interesting things,
> when we had DSSSL, and no catalog mechanisms, and generally more
> complicated installations.  It also served as a sort of test suite, when
> if someone complained that they can't build the documentation, we could
> look at config.log to see if their tools were installed correctly.  But
> right now it's not that interesting anymore.

Check.

> Backpatching to PG11 should be okay.  Before that, it's different tools.

Ah, I see there used to be more things in docbook.m4, so removing the
file altogether isn't feasible before v11.  But we could still drop
the PGAC_CHECK_DOCBOOK macro, no?  Even in the older branches, there
is nothing paying attention to have_docbook.

            regards, tom lane