Re: SOLARIS 9 ULTRASPARC BUILD - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: SOLARIS 9 ULTRASPARC BUILD
Date
List pgsql-bugs
andrea.martano@lighthousetc.net writes:
> attached are the regression.out and regression.diffs files from make check on a
> Ultra 2 dual 300MHz CPU running Solaris 9 OS.

This seems quite bizarre: '          -INFINiTY   ' works but
'infinity' does not?  Please try in psql

    \set VERBOSITY verbose
     SELECT 'infinity'::float4;

and send along the output.

My best guess about it is that strtod() is actively broken on your
platform, and is recognizing the "infinity" input but returning an
incorrect endptr.  I seem to recall that we've heard of such bugs
before.  Can you check for any updates from Sun that might affect
strtod()?

            regards, tom lane