RE: [INTERFACES] Re: [HACKERS] Revised proposal for libpq and FE/BE protocol changes - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Peter Mount
Subject RE: [INTERFACES] Re: [HACKERS] Revised proposal for libpq and FE/BE protocol changes
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
I have had a report from someone using Servlets, that they are opening
something like 5 to 10 connections from a single Java Servlet, which then
brokers them to clients.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pgsql-interfaces@hub.org
[mailto:owner-pgsql-interfaces@hub.org]On Behalf Of Tom Lane
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 1998 3:28 PM
To: pgsql-hackers@postgreSQL.org; pgsql-interfaces@postgreSQL.org
Subject: [INTERFACES] Re: [HACKERS] Revised proposal for libpq and FE/BE
protocol changes

In the current system architecture, much the easiest way to execute
concurrent queries is to open up more than one connection.  There's
nothing that says a frontend process can't fire up multiple backend
processes.  I think this is probably sufficient, because I don't
foresee such a thing becoming really popular anyway.