Tutorials on high availability Postgresql setup? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andy
Subject Tutorials on high availability Postgresql setup?
Date
Re: Tutorials on high availability Postgresql setup?  (Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org>)
Re: Tutorials on high availability Postgresql setup?  (Digimer <linux@alteeve.com>)
List pgsql-general
Is there any tutorials or detailed instructions on how to set up HA postgresql & failover? The documentation
(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/warm-standby-failover.html)on this topics is pretty scarce.

The scenario I'm most interested in is this:

2 servers - a master and a hot standby. All writes are sent to master, reads are split between master and hot standby.

1) If the hot standby goes down, how do I redirect reads to the master?
2) If the master fails
    -how do I automatically promote the standby to master and send all reads/writes to the new master?
    -what happens when the old master comes back up? Do I need to so anything to make it catches up to the new master?

Thanks.