Re: pg_get_prepared? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Volkan YAZICI
Subject Re: pg_get_prepared?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 7/15/05, Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au> wrote:
> > You're mentioning about PHP PostgreSQL API, right?
>
> No, I'm talking about a PostgreSQL backend function.

Sorry, when you give a name like pg_get_prepared() (which is used in
PHP PostgreSQL API functions), I thought it's for PHP too.

> The use case is when you want to prepare a query, but only if it's not
> already prepared on that connection.

As Neil Conway explained on IRC - this feature can be useful for
connection pools. E.g. avoid re-preparing a stmt. if a previous client
using the conn. already prepared it.

> Same way that the EXECUTE command checks.

If it'll be done from backend, then there's no problem. I wondered the
PHP side of it. Anyway, it wasn't a PHP function.

Regards.