Re: Patch to check whether we are in TX when to lo_* - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Patch to check whether we are in TX when to lo_*
Date
List pgsql-patches
Denis Perchine <dyp@perchine.com> writes:
> here is the patch attached which do check in each BLOB operation, if
> we are in transaction, and raise an error otherwise. This will prevent
> such mistakes.

Hmm.  I'm not sure if this is a good idea, or just overprotective
nannyism.  Comments anyone?

As is, it's certainly undesirable because it will break backend
lo_export and lo_import, neither of which need to be in an xact block.
Perhaps that could be worked around somehow, but is it worth the
trouble?

            regards, tom lane