Re: Error: could not find a feasible split point for "obs_v_file_id_index" - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Error: could not find a feasible split point for "obs_v_file_id_index"
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Robert Creager <Robert_Creager@LogicalChaos.org> writes:
> While doing some daily processing, I ran across the following error:

> ERROR:  could not find a feasible split point for "obs_v_file_id_index"

>  file_id | integer | not null
> Inexes:    "obs_v_file_id_index" btree (file_id)

On an index on an *integer* column??  That's a can't-happen error in the
first place, and it's particularly silly when the index entries are
small and fixed-width.  I surmise that you have a corrupted index, but
it would be interesting to examine the entrails.  Is it repeatable?
Is the database small enough that you could ship me a tarball copy
(or if not, would you be willing to let me into your system to look at
it)?

            regards, tom lane