Software vs. Hardware RAID Data - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Mark Wong
Subject Software vs. Hardware RAID Data
Date
Re: Software vs. Hardware RAID Data
List pgsql-performance
Hi all,

We started an attempt to slice the data we've been collecting in
another way, to show the results of software vs. hardware RAID:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/HP_ProLiant_DL380_G5_Tuning_Guide#Hardware_vs._Software_Raid

The angle we're trying to show here is the processor utilization and
i/o throughput for a given file system and raid configuration.  I
wasn't sure about the best way to present it, so this is how it looks
so far.  Click on the results for a chart of the aggregate processor
utilization for the test.

Comments, suggestions, criticisms, et al. welcome.

Regards,
Mark