Re: file system and raid performance - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Mark Wong
Subject Re: file system and raid performance
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 12:22 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> Mark Wong wrote:

> Mark, very useful analysis.  I am curious why you didn't test
> 'data=writeback' on ext3;  'data=writeback' is the recommended mount
> method for that file system, though I see that is not mentioned in our
> official documentation.

I have one set of results with ext3 data=writeback and it appears that
some of the write tests have less throughput than data=ordered.  For
anyone who wants to look at the results details:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/HP_ProLiant_DL380_G5_Tuning_Guide

it's under the "Aggregate Bandwidth (MB/s) - RAID 5 (256KB stripe) -
No partition table" table.

Regards,
Mark