Re: Add session statistics to pg_stat_database - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: Add session statistics to pg_stat_database
Date
Re: Add session statistics to pg_stat_database  (Masahiro Ikeda <ikedamsh@oss.nttdata.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2020-08-11 at 13:53 +0200, I wrote:
> On Thu, 2020-07-23 at 18:16 +0500, Ahsan Hadi wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 4:17 PM Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
> > > Here is a patch that adds the following to pg_stat_database:
> > > - number of connections
> >
> > Is it expected behaviour to not count idle connections? The connection is included after it is aborted but not
whileit was idle.

> Currently, the patch counts connections when they close.
>
> I could change the behavior that they are counted immediately.

I have changed the code so that connections are counted immediately.

Attached is a new version.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Attachment