Re: Problem with index not being chosen inside PL/PgSQL function... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Weber, Geoffrey M.
Subject Re: Problem with index not being chosen inside PL/PgSQL function...
Date
List pgsql-general
Hmm - good question!  However, it is - both the id and not_displayed_id are INTEGERs.  Changing the function header to:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION test_unlock ( id_locked alert.not_displayed_id%TYPE ) RETURNS alert.id%TYPE AS $test_unlock$

sadly doesn't affect the performance at all.  I should have been a little more careful with the datatypes there, but
thiswas a temporary function used to help me debug the problem and also help show it to the world.  The original
functionhas a bit more to it and is called by a higher-level function, but I've tracked the slowness down to this issue
:)...

Just for grins, I also changed the query to:

        SELECT ah.* INTO last_alert FROM alert ah where ( (ah.replaced_by_id = '0') AND (not_displayed_id =
id_locked::INTEGER) ) ORDER BY replaced_by_id, not_displayed_id;

Still no improvement :(.

Thanks for the suggestion though!