Re: [HACKERS] Refactoring identifier checks to consistently use strcmp - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Refactoring identifier checks to consistently use strcmp
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 27 Jan 2018, at 00:36, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> I've pushed this mostly as-is.

Thanks!

> I also took out the parser changes related to
> allowing unquoted PARALLEL in old-style CREATE AGGREGATE, because that
> is not a goal I consider worthy of adding extra grammar complexity.
> We don't document that PARALLEL works there, and there has never been
> any expectation that deprecated legacy syntax would grow new options
> as needed to have feature parity with the modern syntax.

Ok, didn’t know old syntax wasn’t extended to support new options so I went
after it having run into the regress tests using it.

> I also trimmed the new regression test cases a bit, as most of them seemed
> pretty duplicative.

Makes sense, they were made verbose to aid review but were too chatty for
inclusion.

cheers ./daniel