Re: BUG #5121: Segmentation Fault when using pam w/ krb5 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Douglas, Ryan
Subject Re: BUG #5121: Segmentation Fault when using pam w/ krb5
Date
List pgsql-bugs
It works like champ... cool.. thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]=20
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2009 4:15 PM
To: Douglas, Ryan
Cc: Magnus Hagander; pgsql-bugs
Subject: Re: [BUGS] BUG #5121: Segmentation Fault when using pam w/ krb5

"Douglas, Ryan" <RDouglas@arbinet.com> writes:
>    You were right. According to the trace msg[0] is null.

Hah.  This must be triggered by something Active Directory does that a
KDC doesn't, because I'm still not seeing it here.  But anyway the
problem is clear now, we have to avoid referencing msg[0] when num_msg
is zero.

Please try the attached patch and see if it behaves sanely for you.
This is based on openssh's PAM callback, so it ought to be more robust
than what we had.  (This is against 8.4 branch tip, but it should apply
to 8.4.1 with maybe a few lines' offset.)

            regards, tom lane