passing a temporary table with more than one column to a stored procedure - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Viktor Rosenfeld
Subject passing a temporary table with more than one column to a stored procedure
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

is there a way to pass a temporary result table with more than column
to a stored procedure?

Specifically, I would like to run a variation of this query:

SELECT
    *
FROM
    graphOverTokens(
        (
            SELECT 1 AS min, 10 AS max, 2 AS text_ref
            UNTION SELECT 20 AS min, 30 AS max, 3 AS text_ref
        ) AS boundaries
        JOIN struct ON (struct.text_ref = boundaries.text_ref)
        JOIN rank ON (rank.struct_ref = struct.id)
    ) AS graph

I see two problems:

a) I get an error message "subquery must return only one column" when
I pass a table with more than one column as an argument to my function

b) I would have to create a complex data type of the same schema as my
argument table (a join of boundaries, struct, graph).  This is not a
problem in the example above, however I would like to use a similar
function in queries where the schema of the input relation is not fixed.

Thanks,
Viktor