Re: [HACKERS] Time to change pg_regress diffs to unified by default? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Time to change pg_regress diffs to unified by default?
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Time to change pg_regress diffs to unified by default?  (Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 22/11/2018 14:10, Christoph Berg wrote:
> It's nice that PG_REGRESS_DIFF_OPTS exists, but the diffs are often
> coming from automated build logs where setting the variable after the
> fact doesn't help.
>
> Please consider the attached patch, extension packagers will thank
> you.

Committed.

While we're considering the pg_regress output, what do you think about
replacing the ======... separator with a standard diff separator like
"diff %s %s %s\n".  This would make the file behave more like a proper
diff file, for use with other tools.  And it shows the diff options
used, for clarity.  See attached patch.

Attachment