Re: Large arrays give long lag on server side before command executes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Large arrays give long lag on server side before command executes
Date
List pgsql-general
Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com> writes:
> On Friday 24 September 2004 7:32 am, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I'm betting on some O(N^2) behavior in the array code, but it'll be
>> difficult to pinpoint without profile results.

> Possibly the bug we discussed early last year (IIRC added to todo but
> not fixed):
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2003-01/msg00235.php

No, it's not the same --- David sent me some results off-list and it
seems ReadArrayStr is the culprit.  I'm not completely sure why yet.

FWIW, the printtup part of your gripe is fixed in CVS tip.

            regards, tom lane