Re: How to recover from : "Cache lookup failed for relation " - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: How to recover from : "Cache lookup failed for relation "
Date
List pgsql-general
Patrick.FICHE@AQSACOM.COM writes:
> I have a server installed with Postgres 8.0.2 on Solaris.
> Since two days, I get the error : "ERROR:  cache lookup failed for =
> relation
> 463558"

What SQL command(s) produce that error, exactly?

> When I look with the pgAdmin at my database, I see that I have in =
> pg_temp_4
> schema, a type called "tmp_d_alarm" which is the name of a temporary =
> table
> that I'm using in functions....
> The table of the same name is not in the schema and I suspect that this
> remaining type is causing the trouble.

Possibly.  Does the pg_type.typrelid field of that entry contain 463558?
How are you creating and dropping these temporary tables, exactly?

> How to get read of this type. I'm not able to drop it, neither the =
> schema...

What did you try, and what were the results?

            regards, tom lane