Re: Query with LIMIT clause - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From David Johnston
Subject Re: Query with LIMIT clause
Date
List pgsql-sql
Always reply to list.  It is also preferred to bottom-post.

Indexes are never simple answers and there isn't enough info to really give good advice here.

You should try different versions and estimate performance (read and write).  My guess is that a compound index (2 columns) would work well though if you are going to filter/sort on initial date frequently (by itself) then it likely wants its own index anyway and having two separate indexes would be better.

David J.