Re: plpython3 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nathan Boley
Subject Re: plpython3
Date
Re: plpython3  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Re: plpython3  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Re: plpython3  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> On the basis of all of the foregoing, I don't think we can consider
> this patch further for this CommitFest and will update
> commitfest.postgresql.org accordingly.

FWIW, I am very excited about this patch and would be happy to review
it but have been very busy over the past month. If I can promise a
review by Thursday morning could we keep it active? Hopefully, at the
very least, I can provide some useful feedback and spawn some
community interest.

I am worried that there is a bit of a chicken and an egg problem with
this patch. I code nearly exclusively in python and C, but I have
often found pl/python to be very unwieldy.  For this reason I often
use pl/perl or pl/pgsql for problems that, outside of postgres, I
would always use python. From the documentation, this patch seems like
an enormous step in the right direction.

-Nathan