Re: pgpool - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John Cunningham
Subject Re: pgpool
Date
List pgsql-general
Hmmm - so to bring one more idea here...

The usage of each of these systems will be different on different days
- Monday may have high usage on one or two databases and Wednesday may
be high on 20 others.  This makes me thing that configuring thigs this
way would mean that pgpool would be limiting one connection for each
database / user combination - whereas leaving the connections standard
would mean that if one set was busy it could take multiple connections
simultaneously.

This seems to be another knock against pgpool - or am I way off?

-John