Re: Design of pg_stat_subscription_workers vs pgstats - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Design of pg_stat_subscription_workers vs pgstats
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 24.02.22 02:32, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 23, 2022 at 12:08 PM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi. Below are my review comments for the v1 patch.
>
> Thank you for the comments! I've attached the latest version patch
> that incorporated all comments I got so far. The primary change from
> the previous version is that the subscription statistics live globally
> rather than per-database.

I don't think the name pg_stat_subscription_activity is a good choice.

We have a view called pg_stat_activity, which is very well known.  From
that perspective, "activity" means what is happening right now or what
has happened most recently.  The reworked view in this patch does not
contain that (we already have pg_stat_subscription for that), but it
contains accumulated counters.