Re: Seeking practice recommendation: is there ever a use case to have two or more superusers? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Seeking practice recommendation: is there ever a use case to have two or more superusers?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/20/22 17:48, Bryn Llewellyn wrote:
>> hjp-pgsql@hjp.at wrote:
>>
>>> ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com wrote:
>>>
>>> [developers or devops folks] like to "fix" things without documenting what they did, and then, when
>>> something breaks, denying they did anything (or honestly not believing that
>>> whatever "trivial" thing they did could any major or deliterious impact).
>>
>> Which is why you want to automate deployments. When the easiest way to fix something in production is to just push
thechange into the repo, this is what people will do. When doing it the "proper" way is much more complicated than just
fudgingit, people will do the latter.

> Thanks to all who offered their views on my question. It seems that different people will reach different
conclusions.I’ll take this as permission to reach my own conclusion.

Not sure why you think you need permission to take whatever action you
desire on a database whose only usage stipulation is that you maintain a
copy of the license.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com