Re: Query with tables from 2 different databases in Java - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Julius Stroffek
Subject Re: Query with tables from 2 different databases in Java
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi Mark,

You can use JTA - Java Transaction API to encapsulate transaction atomicity across different databases (and database vendors).

XADatasource, XAConnection, XAResource are objects you should be looking for. A couple of links about the issue:

http://java.sun.com/products/jta/
http://java.sun.com/developer/EJTechTips/2005/tt0125.html#1
http://www.java-tips.org/java-ee-tips/enterprise-java-beans/introduction-to-the-java-transactio.html

However, I do not know how postgres sql driver implements those interfaces.

Regards,

Julius Stroffek

On 6/7/07, Mark Lewis < mark.lewis@mir3.com> wrote:
On Thu, 2007-06-07 at 17:08 +0300, Loredana Curugiu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need a query to use tables from 2 different databases and
> that query to be executed from a .java file. What do you recommand?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>

> Regards,
>        Loredana

Move the data to a single database, or else perform the query manually
by pulling back the matching results from each database individually and
then stitching them together.

-- Mark Lewis

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq