Re: 2022-05-12 release announcement draft - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Euler Taveira
Subject Re: 2022-05-12 release announcement draft
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 9, 2022, at 11:54 AM, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
You raise a good point, which is in the release announcement, should we
prefix contrib modules with "contrib"? Perhaps instead of shorthand we
spell it out, e.g. "Several fixes for the `pageinspect` module..."
Nowadays 'contrib' refers to the physical structure (directory). I wouldn't
mention it because it is a development/packaging detail. We use the terminology
additional supplied module/program to refer to this piece of software which is
kept in the Postgres repository but can be optionally installed. pageinspect
(possibly with the URL) is clear enough. However, if you don't like the
shorthand, 'pageinspect extension' or 'pageinspect module' are good options.

--
Euler Taveira