is postgres IP address sensitive? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From sys@yahoo.com (Enote)
Subject is postgres IP address sensitive?
Date
List pgsql-general
i've encounter an odd bug and am not really sure why.

i run postgres under cygwin.
i installed cygwin, postgres, and initdb'd at work
everything works fine.

i come home and start up postmaster (pg_ctl start actually)
but now i can't connect to postgres using psql.
and a look at my task manager shows postgres process taking
up 99% of cpu time.

the only thing i can think of that changes between work and
home is my ip address. does postgres store the db data in
a format that is sensitive to the machine's ip address?

has anyone else ever come across this situation or
can give me a pointer on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

-Tony
sys@yahoo.com