help turning of NOTICE messages - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alex Soto
Subject help turning of NOTICE messages
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi All,

I'm developing some scripts to create my schema to be run by other
folks and I'd like to have them not spit out those NOTICE messages
when you create a table regarding the implicit indexes that are made
since it just makes it harder to see when there is a real error.

I've tried running psql with the quiet argument, I've set the QUIET
variable to true and the VERBOSITY level to terse but the NOTICE
messages still appear.

I searched the archives and found one post from a developer where he
stated that this is a feature that's been asked for and would be
available in 7.3 and I have 7.4.5.

Other than that I haven't been able to find any documentation or mention of it.

Thanks,
Alex