Re: UUID datatype - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From ntr
Subject Re: UUID datatype
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
java.util.UUID and UUID in PG they are different things.
it's better to map THAT to a PGuuid class!

On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 11:52 PM, Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com> wrote:

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008, Andrew wrote:

> I'm wondering about the timeline or plans if any for JDBC driver support of
> the recently added UUID datatype in PostgreSQL?

There aren't any exact plans, but I was thinking we would map the pg uuid
type onto the java.util.UUID type.  The only problem with that
is java.util.UUID only appeared in the 1.5 JDK, so we'd only be
able to support it for some driver versions.  Do people think it's better
to always map it to a PGuuid class?

Kris Jurka

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend