Re: Fw: Re: Re: Could Not Connect To Server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rob Sargent
Subject Re: Fw: Re: Re: Could Not Connect To Server
Date
List pgsql-general

On 4/23/20 4:46 PM, Dummy Account wrote:

I cd'd into log and listed the files.  There are many.
How should I get the log that you want.

I tried:

open -a TextEdit postgresql-2020-04-22_171300.log

I got:

LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed for the application /Applications/TextEdit.app with error -610 for the file /Library/PostgreSQL/12/data/log/postgresql-2020-04-22_171300.log.

That appears to me to say that, for the current user, TextEdit could not open the log file.  What was the effective user?  Were you still in a session under 'sudo su - postgres' in which case postgres can't read the log file.  If that's the case then postgres likely can't read the data files either.

Can you show the output of these commands in the data directory?
id
\ls -ltr
I ask for the "\ls" to make sure there are no funny aliases in place.