Re: pg_basebackup from 9.4-bdr to 9.4 results in corrupt index - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: pg_basebackup from 9.4-bdr to 9.4 results in corrupt index
Date
List pgsql-general
On 5/25/19 9:49 AM, Jānis Pūris wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm working with a 9.4-bdr cluster and want to move away from BDR tech
> all together. So my idea was to follow instructions on
> http://bdr-project.org/docs/stable/ to first strip the node from BDR
> making it into "regular" node and then moving the data from this node to
> official 9.4 instance.
>
> Environment:
>
> BDR_Node_1
> BDR_Node_2
>
> Regular_Node_1
>
> Steps done on BDR_Node_2
> 1. Part node from BDR cluster
> http://bdr-project.org/docs/stable/node-management-removing.html
> 2. Remove BDR from node
> http://bdr-project.org/docs/stable/node-management-disabling.html
> 3. Create SR slot select
> pg_create_physical_replication_slot('new_cluster_node');
>
> After this. Steps done on Regular_Node_1, which is 9.4.22
> 1. Init the new node with pg_basebackup with source being BDR_Node_1

I am not clear about above:

1) You removed BDR_Node_2 from cluster

2) You took pg_basebackup from BDR_Node_1 to create a new regular cluster.

3) 1) & 2) seem to be at odds with each other.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com