Re: create role - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From tcapobianco@prospectiv.com
Subject Re: create role
Date
Re: create role
List pgsql-sql
> On 31 December 2010 05:14, Tony Capobianco <tcapobianco@prospectiv.com>
> wrote:
>> esave_dw=> \d members
>> Did not find any relation named "members".
>> esave_dw=>
>> esave_dw=> \d esave.members
>>                     Table "esave.members"
>>       Column        |            Type             | Modifiers
>> ---------------------+-----------------------------+-----------
>>  memberid            | numeric                     | not null
>>  etc....
>>
>> How can I get this so I don't have to preface the \d with the schema
>> name every time?
>
> Hi Tony, you should changes the default search_path for the specified
> users.
> http://sql-info.de/postgresql/schemas.html
> take a look at practical schema usage section.

Gibransyah,
That did the trick!  Thanks for your help.  I modified my role name from
developer to dev since I already have a dev schema.  Here's the steps I
ran below to get it working:

create role dev login;
alter role dev set default_tablespace=dev;
alter role dev set search_path=dev,staging, esave, support, email,public;

grant usage on schema esave to dev;
grant usage on schema dev to dev;
grant select on members to dev;
grant create on schema dev to dev;
grant create on tablespace dev to dev;

I am a little confused as to why I had to grant usage & create on dev to
dev since it's both the dev role's default_tablespace and has a schema
named after it.  Either way, this corrects my issue.  Thanks for your
help!

Tony