Re: One way replication in PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Fabio Pardi
Subject Re: One way replication in PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

On 6/3/19 6:00 PM, PALAYRET Jacques wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If, for security reasons, I can't create a connection or a flow from
> subscriber/secundary/slave towards provider/primary/master, witch
> replication systems can I use ?

To perform replication, you need some form of connectivity between the
hosts (unless, you want to only apply archived WAL files, as mentioned
by Stephen here above).
In streaming replication your replica needs to be able to initiate the
connection to master

If you instead have, let's say, master -> replica or both your hosts can
reach a 3rd host, you might work around the problem using an SSH tunnel.

I discourage you from this latter option, anyway.

> If possible, I would prefer partial replication (only some tables) to
> full base replication (all instances).

you could have a look into pglogical

regards,

fabio pardi