Re: pgsql: Add hooks for session start and session end - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: pgsql: Add hooks for session start and session end
Date
List pgsql-committers

On 11/15/2017 02:17 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 11/15/2017 01:56 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
>>> Strange, it worked when I tested. I'll look into it.
>> Looks to me like the problem is that the test can only work in "check"
>> mode, not "installcheck" mode, because in the latter case you don't
>> get to do preloaded libraries.
>>

> Yeah, that was my first instinct. But then how do the test_rls_hooks
> tests succeed? They too have a shared_preload_library.

Aha, it does

    LOAD 'test_rls_hooks';

at the start of its script. Of course we can't do that here.

Not sure what the best way to resolve this is. For now I'm inclined just
to override the installcheck target in the module's makefile and disable
it in vcregress.pl.

Maybe we need to shift from installcheck to check mode for these
modules. That would involve a buildfarm script change.

cheers

andrew