Re: Extracting SQL from logs in a usable format - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: Extracting SQL from logs in a usable format
Date
List pgsql-general
Le 19 déc. 2009 à 16:20, Chris Ernst a écrit :

> Hmm.. That does look very interesting.  The only thing that concerns me
> is where it says it supports "Basic Queries (Extended queries not yet
> supported)".  I'm not sure what is meant by "Extended queries".  Any idea?

I think it refers to the Extended Query support in the frontend / backend protocol, as in the documentation:
  http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/protocol-flow.html#PROTOCOL-FLOW-EXT-QUERY

  The extended query protocol breaks down the above-described simple query protocol into multiple steps. The results of
preparatorysteps can be re-used multiple times for improved efficiency. Furthermore, additional features are available,
suchas the possibility of supplying data values as separate parameters instead of having to insert them directly into a
querystring

So that's for parse/bind/execute communications, which are used in prepare/execute and queryParam I think.
--
dim