Re: new heapcheck contrib module - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Dilger
Subject Re: new heapcheck contrib module
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> On Apr 20, 2020, at 12:37 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
>
> I mean an interface that's friendly to DBAs, that verifies an entire database. No custom sql query required.
Somethingthat provides a reasonable mix of verification options based on high level directives. All verification
methodscan be combined in a granular, possibly randomized fashion. Maybe we can make this run in parallel.

> For example, maybe your heap checker code sometimes does index probes for a subset of indexes and heap tuples. It's
nothard to combine it with the rootdescend stuff from amcheck. It should be composable.

> The interface you've chosen is a good starting point. But let's not miss an opportunity to make everything work
together.

Ok, I'll work in that direction and repost when I have something along those lines.

Thanks again for your input.

—
Mark Dilger
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company