Re: When should be advocate external projects? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: When should be advocate external projects?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 13 May 2016, at 08:05, Tsunakawa, Takayuki <tsunakawa.takay@jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:
>> From: pgsql-advocacy-owner@postgresql.org
>> On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 09:46:25PM +0100, Justin Clift wrote:
>>> That page does seem well put together.  Guess the main question now is
>>> "who will drive this initiative?"
>>
>> Yep, it is a big job but would be a big win.
>
> I don't know how the community website is operated, and of course I'm not confident I can drive the initiative, but
I'dbe happy to do that.  As I consulted you in pgsql-advocacy in the past two months, I want (and need) to visualize
andexpand PostgreSQL ecosystem.

> I'll consider the issues and approach.  Could you give me your opinions and information on how I should start?

Generally the best way to get started with serious wiki editing is to
create an account on the wiki itself, make sure you have Edit permission
(so you can add/change content)... and then just start.  Start anywhere
you want, and branch out from there.

With wiki editing, it's often a good idea to do a brain dump or initial
notes first, and then go back to fix/revise/update/adjust the content
until you are happy with it.

Some people want everything to be perfect from their first edit.  Don't
do that.  Just get the info on there however you want, then beat it
into shape as needed.

Damien's email, right after yours, gives some good advice too.

Does that help enough to get you started? :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

- Indira Gandhi