Re: Decide between Postgresql and Mysql (help of comunity)

From: Vivek Khera
Subject: Re: Decide between Postgresql and Mysql (help of comunity)
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

Decide between Postgresql and Mysql (help of comunity)  (Marcos, )
 Re: Decide between Postgresql and Mysql (help of comunity)  (Madison Kelly, )
  Re: Decide between Postgresql and Mysql (help of comunity)  (Vivek Khera, )
 Re: Decide between Postgresql and Mysql (help of  (Scott Marlowe, )
  Re: Decide between Postgresql and Mysql (help of  (Marcos, )
   Re: Decide between Postgresql and Mysql (help of  (Chris Travers, )
   Re: Decide between Postgresql and Mysql (help of  (PFC, )
   Re: Decide between Postgresql and Mysql (help of  (Vivek Khera, )
  Re: Decide between Postgresql and Mysql (help of  (PFC, )
   Re: Decide between Postgresql and Mysql (help of  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
   Re: Decide between Postgresql and Mysql (help of  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
    Re: Decide between Postgresql and Mysql (help of  ("Merlin Moncure", )
  Re: Decide between Postgresql and Mysql (help of  (Vivek Khera, )
 Re: Decide between Postgresql and Mysql (help of  (Scott Marlowe, )
  Re: Decide between Postgresql and Mysql (help of  (PFC, )
  Re: Decide between Postgresql and Mysql (help of  (Gorshkov, )
   Re: Decide between Postgresql and Mysql (help of  ("Craig A. James", )
    Re: Decide between Postgresql and Mysql (help of  (Gorshkov, )
     Re: Decide between Postgresql and Mysql (help of  ("Craig A. James", )
      Re: Decide between Postgresql and Mysql (help of  (Gorshkov, )
    Re: Decide between Postgresql and Mysql (help of  (Markus Schaber, )
 Re: Decide between Postgresql and Mysql (help of  (Chris Browne, )
  Re: Decide between Postgresql and Mysql (help of  (Scott Marlowe, )
   Re: Decide between Postgresql and Mysql (help of  (PFC, )
    Re: Decide between Postgresql and Mysql (help of  ("Steinar H. Gunderson", )
     Re: Decide between Postgresql and Mysql (help of  (Philippe Marzin, )
    Re: Decide between Postgresql and Mysql (help of  (Guido Neitzer, )

On Mar 28, 2006, at 1:57 PM, Madison Kelly wrote:

>   From what I understand, PostgreSQL is designed with stability and
> reliability as key tenants. MySQL favors performance and ease of
> use. An

 From my point of view, mysql favors single-user performance over all
else.  Get into multiple updaters and you are competing for table
locks all the time.  Postgres works much better with multiple clients
writing to it.